Whidbey Fitness Center
NAS Whidbey Island has one of the most expansive fitness centers in the Navy, featuring state-of-the-art equipment. Our staff is committed to "fitness for life" and offers a complement of services and facilities to fulfill that goal.
- One-on-one fitness assessments, consultations, body fat check and goal setting, help with progress evaluations. Training available to include interval and circuit, cardiovascular and resistance, and general wellness.
- Weekly food log check and basic Navy nutrition guidelines available.
- Fitness enhancement programs (FEP) classes offered.
- Provide Physical Readiness Testing (PRT) sessions and Health Fairs for commands.
Extensive Cardio & Strength Equipment
- Life Fitness Treadmills
- Stairmaster Steppers
- Matrix Stepmill
- Concept2 Indoor Rowers
- Precor Elliptical
- Life Fitness Ellipticals
- Technogym Wave Ellipticals
- Recumbent Bikes
- Upright Bikes
- Free Motion
- Woodway Treadmill (Self-propelled, in Family Fitness Room)
- Free-Weight Room
- Hammer Strength Line
Facility & Surrounding Area Features
- Large Group Fitness Room
- 4 Racquetball Courts
- Full Basketball Court
- Volleyball Court
- Tennis Court
- Boxing/Judo Room
- NOFFS Zone
- Rogue Rack
- Functional Training Equipment
- Family Fitness Room (Cardio)
- Functional Training Room
- Seaview Trail (start point at Fitness Center in two directions: one to Cliffside, one to Nortz Gate)
- Costen-Turner Complex
- Football/Soccer Field w/ Running Track
- 3 Softball Fields
- Group Exercise Classes
- Specialty Classes
- Personal Training - Let our fitness instructors tailor a personal program to fit your specific needs.
- Fun Runs 10k, 5k and 1.5 mile distances
- Running Club
- Mission Nutrition Courses
- Command Fitness Leader Courses
- Naval Operational Fitness & Fueling Series (NOFFS) Courses
- Intramural Sports Program
- Captain's Cup Program
- On-Base Run Routes
- Locker Rentals Available (Rental Fees Apply)
- Locker Daily Use Available (Free)
- Equipment Issue (Daily Use Free)
- Extensive Group Fitness Program
- Command Fitness Leaders (CFLs)
Please see downloadable fee schedule. All monthly passes are non-refundable and non-transferrable.
The TRX Suspension Trainer is the original, best-in-class workout system that leverages gravity and your body weight to perform hundreds of exercises. You're in control of how much you want to challenge yourself on each exercise - because you can simply adjust your body position to add or decrease resistance.