Naval Air Station Whidbey Island HPCON-C Services as of Nov. 18
18 Nov 2020
Due to the increasing number of COVID-19 cases in Washington state and in the counties surrounding the installation, Naval Air Station Whidbey Island will return to HPCON C as of midnight November 18.
The following items are intended to provide important services on the installation to support the fleet and fighter:
- Fitness Center: Open to Active Duty only not to exceed 50% capacity.
- Liberty Center: Open to Active Duty only with social distancing measures.
- Convergence Zone Recreation Center/Bowling: Closed. Equipment Rental by reservation for curbside pick-up.
- Keglers: Open for take-out only.
- Golf Course: Open to all authorized users with social distancing measures.
- Sky Warrior Theater: Open not to exceed 15% capacity (93 Seats). Active Duty and family members only.
- Cliffside RV Park: Open Active Duty only.
- Auto Hobby Shop: Open Active Duty only.
- General Quarters Paintball: Closed
- Recreational Parks: Open
- Vehicle Storage: New or Renewal Contracts by appointment only.
- Conference Centers: Open for Command meetings/training adhering to no more than ten participants.
Child and Youth Programs
- No change to current operations. Key service provisions are in operation now in NRNW child and youth programs.
- Assessment of “temporary” patron usage will occur on a weekly basis and will accept children so long as the program has capacity and staff.
- No new permanent childcare space offers from MCC waitlist.
- Existing patrons who choose to self-care will continue to have fees waived until Full Service Restoration resumes.
- Staff will sign children in/out.
- Classroom visitor access will be restricted.
Housing Service Centers
- Referral Services: Phone and email contact only between customers and staff, no face-to-face visits
- PPV Inspections: Continuation of Change of Occupancy Maintenance inspections with just a single inspector in the vacant home. Occupied home inspections (move-in / move-out / health & safety) on a case by case basis with precautions in place.
- Weekly vacant room checks will continue (just one inspector at a time).
- Monthly inspections of occupied rooms will continue.
Admiral Nimitz Galley
- Open to Active Duty only.
- Inside dining limited to one per table and facility capacity of 25%.
- Take-out available.
- Work and Family Life (WFL), SAPR, Counseling Advocacy and Prevention, and Navy Gold Star Program will provide virtual services.
- Facility doors will be open, and minimal staff will be in the building, on an A/B schedule. Staff will be available for urgent/emergent requests.
- All training will be provided virtually, including TAP, SAPR VA training, etc.
- One-on-one FAP, SAIL, and non-medical counseling services will be provided telephonically.
- FAP treatment groups will be provided in person, following appropriate safety protocols.
Navy Gateway Inns & Suites
- Open to Official Travelers and Active Duty only.
- Housekeeping services reduced to every other day.